As the Board develops the 2013 New York State Energy Plan, per Article 6 of the Energy Law, the Plan will seek to:
- Improve the reliability of the State's energy systems
- Insulate consumers from volatility in market prices
- Reduce the overall cost of energy in the State
- Minimize public health and environmental impacts, particularly those related to climate change
- Identify policies and programs designed to maximize cost-effective energy efficiency and conservation activities to meet projected demand growth
The Plan will also focus on policies and programs that help drive economic expansion and job creation, stimulate innovation and foster continued development of globally competitive clean energy industries.
For more information, please visit the New York State Energy Plan website.