Organizations can adopt their own strategies to fight climate change. Knowledge is power, and education is essential to understanding climate change and knowing what to do to fight it. Businesses and corporations can reduce emissions and increase sustainability without losing profits. In fact, organizations around the world are realizing the economic potential of upgrading to minimize greenhouse gas emissions. Several options are available for groups seeking to help join in the cause of stopping climate change, including the following:
Source: Kavitha Mukund.
- When office equipment needs replacing, purchase Energy-Star-certified products
- When constructing a new building or upgrading an old one, obtain LEED certification
- Turn down the air conditioner in the summer and the heater in the winter
- Recycle all printer, copier toner cartridges
- Encourage employees to car pool
- Telecommute instead of traveling to meetings
- If you have to print something, use both sides of the paper. Deforestation for paper products is a significant source of GHG emissions.