June 29, 2010
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) today announced that nfrastructure, an information technology services company headquartered in Clifton Park, will relocate three business units from its Clifton Park headquarters to the NYSERDA-owned and operated Saratoga Technology + Energy Park® (STEP®) in Malta.
nfrastucture works with public agencies and private companies to improve the efficiency of their computer operations, increase the energy efficiency of their data and processing units, and lower customer energy costs. The company will relocate its research and development, workforce education, and other technology operations to STEP’s 107 Hermes Road building. Approximately 25 jobs will occupy 6,600 square feet of space in the building.
Francis J. Murray Jr., president and CEO of NYSERDA said, “nfrastructure is a tremendous addition to STEP’s unique community of clean energy companies, and will be a valued partner for companies seeking a comprehensive approach to improving their energy efficiency. We welcome nfrastructure to this growing center of innovation in the Tech Valley, and look forward to its continued success.”
Dan Pickett, chairman and CEO of nfrastructure said, “Locating our R&D, workforce education, and technology operations at STEP provides nfrastructure and its customers the benefits of a collaborative environment of talented people and companies focused on green initiatives that reduce the environmental footprint of technology. These initiatives are central in our efforts to bring our customers, which include many of the leading private and public enterprises in the US, green technology solutions in the areas of data center, virtualization, storage consolidation, power management, telepresence, and “services sciences” targeted at more effective and efficient process-based solutions. The entire nfrastructure family of employees, customers, and partners looks forward to a long and mutually successful relationship with NYSERDA and STEP.”
nfrastucture will join The Radiant Store, Inc., Clough Harbour & Associates, and tw telecom to locate their operations at STEP within the last seven months while BPI and GLOBALFOUNDRIES have expanded. In total, there are now 11 clean energy and environmental technology companies in STEP’s facilities in addition to TEC-SMART (Training and Education Center for Semiconductor Manufacturing and Alternative and Renewable Technologies), Hudson Valley Community College’s premier green technology training facility.
STEP’s knowledge-based community is a strategic location that enables companies to tap into a highly-skilled workforce and state-of-the-art facilities. It’s proximity to universities and clean energy manufacturing and research companies creates an opportunity for synergy and collaboration.
Companies at STEP include:
- Auterra, Inc., a developer of patent-pending inorganic materials, has developed an environmentally-friendly flame retardant additive for plastics and coatings for solar photovoltaic thin film applications.
- The Building Performance Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting energy efficiency excellence in the building trades.
- C9 Corporation, an advanced semiconductor technology company that focuses on bringing their silicon-carbide technology to customer-specific applications and producing silicon carbide-based devices that are free of defects.
- Clough Harbour & Associates (CHA), named a top 100 US design firm by the Engineering News-Record, provides environmental, industrial, electrical, mechanical, transportation and traffic engineering as well as energy, landscape architecture, construction engineering, and technology services.
- Electrovaya, a world leader in the field of portable power solutions with its award-winning, patented Lithium Ion SuperPolymer® battery technology.
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES, the world’s first truly global leading-edge semiconductor manufacturing company
- LINC is designed to build necessary connections among research, business, and financial communities to bring new, innovative lighting products to market, and increase research and development dollars invested in New York.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation, an advanced technology company, is engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture and integration of advanced technology systems, products and services.
- nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure by working with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
- The Radiant Store, Inc. is a diversified company specializing in the areas of renewable power, thermal solar hot water systems, integrated solar hydronic, and radiant heating systems.
- tw telecom, a leading provider of integrated and converged network solutions, provides managed network services specializing in Ethernet and transport data networking, Internet access, local and long distance voice, VoIP, VPN and security, to enterprise organizations and communications services companies throughout the U.S.
For more information, visit STEP.
Jeffrey Gordon, NYSERDA
518-862-1090 ext. 3544