What NYSERDA offers to Builders of New York ENERGY STAR® Certified Homes
Builders of New York ENERGY STAR Certified Homes receive access to a variety of program support and incentives. We’ll provide the resources to assist you with every phase of planning, construction, performance testing and marketing outreach.
Becoming a New York ENERGY STAR Certified Homes builder is a rewarding experience. In addition to helping you build a better product, it can also add to your earning potential through financial incentives. As a program participant, you may qualify to earn:
- Base incentive $1,250 upstate; $1,500 in Con Ed territory; OR $3,000 for a Model or Display Home
- Up to $750 per dwelling for use of appropriately credentialed subcontractors
- $500 per dwelling unit offered for income-eligible occupancy
- Various other federal tax incentives
For a complete list of financial incentives available through the New York ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Program, please refer to Program Opportunity Notice (PON) 2309 [PDF].
Home Energy Raters provide energy-efficiency strategies and performance testing for new residential construction projects. Home Energy Raters play an integral part in the ENERGY STAR process. You can count on your Rater to provide:
- Individualized plan reviews and technical advice
- Customized energy rating certificates, including an estimate of each homes' annual utility bills
- On-site building performance testing to evaluate home energy performance, air leakage, and health and safety issues
In addition to your Home Energy Rater, your HVAC contractor must be affiliated with a Quality Installation Training and Oversight Organization (H-QUITO). Please view Step #5 under the How to Become a NYES Certified Home Builder Section.
Marketing and Sales Support
Gain recognition as a quality builder and show potential homeowners why you are the right choice for the job. Educate and enlighten them about the energy-saving features and benefits of New York ENERGY STAR Certified Homes. We’ll give you the resources to help — and at no cost to you. These resources include:
- Program advertising, including television, radio, and newspapers
- Special events, public relations support, and media outreach
- Co-operative advertising funds of up to $100,000
- Model Home Branding Kits, including educational displays
- Customer education and sales tools, and marketing training