NYSERDA offers technical and financial assistance to help small businesses and not-for-profits improve their energy efficiency and reduce their energy costs.
NYSERDA’s small business and not-for-profit programs are designed to:
- Help small business and not-for-profits identify opportunities to improve energy efficiency
- Recommend improvements to reduce energy costs
- Provide financial incentives to reduce the cost of energy efficient technologies and systems
- Offer low-interest energy efficiency project financing
NYSERDA’s dedicated energy experts can assist customers in accessing programs designed specifically for small businesses and not-for-profits.
Energy Efficiency Programs for the Small Business
and Not-for-Profit Sectors
- Small Commercial Energy Assessments offers free energy assessments for small businesses and not-for-profits to help them identify opportunities to improve energy efficiency and recommend improvements to reduce energy costs.
- Existing Facilities Program has Pre-Qualified Incentives available to customers interested in purchasing and installing energy efficient equipment such as lighting, HVAC and variable frequency drives at their facility.
- Small Commercial Energy Efficiency Financing works with lenders statewide to provide eligible small businesses and not-for-profits with access to low-interest energy efficiency project financing.
Energy Efficiency Business Sector Development Opportunities
NYSERDA also offers programs to help grow the energy efficiency business sector in New York State.
Business Development Programs
- NYSERDA's Technology Innovation and Business Development Opportunities provides business development and product commercialization support for entrepreneurs and businesses interested in programs that help bring new technologies to market.
- NYSERDA’s Business Partner Programs provides service providers in three core technology sectors – lighting; heating, ventilation and air conditioning; and motors – with tools and resources to integrate new and underused technologies and services into profitable business models. NYSERDA Business Partners provide their customers with energy efficient systems and operations and management strategies to reduce overall energy consumption.
Other NYSERDA Energy Efficiency Programs
- Multifamily Performance Program offers building owners financial and technical assistance to help reduce energy use in multifamily buildings for apartment buildings with five or more units.
- New Construction Program provides assistance when incorporating energy-efficiency measures into the design, construction, and operation of new and substantially renovated buildings. Incentives are available for the purchase and installation of energy-efficient equipment that reduces electric energy consumption in new and substantially renovated buildings.