Each training partner has its own instructional staff, a schedule of classes, and it markets those classes to prospective students. The training that students receive through these partners is typically recognized by the Building Performance Institute (BPI), Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET), National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA), North American Technician Excellence, Inc. (NATE), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), and National Council on Qualifications for the Lighting Professions (NCQLP). Training helps prepare students to take certification exams. Certification reimbursement is available to eligible individuals under PON 2397.
- Receive classroom and hands-on training and learn energy efficiency techniques
- Gain an understanding of interrelated building issues and be able to provide clients with a more comfortable, safe, durable, and energy-efficient home
- Learn skills necessary to install and size mechanical systems - heating, cooling, ventilation, and air conditioning
- Learn established practices for installing and maintaining oil burners, furnaces, boilers, water heaters, heating oil tanks and piping
- Acquire the necessary knowledge, understanding, and ability to apply advanced high efficiency lighting technologies and techniques successfully
- Help homeowners and businesses save energy
- Courses available for contractors, remodelers, and college and high school students
Trainings leading to a National Certification or Certificate of Completion are available. Please view each link for the course description:
The Building Analyst, Envelope, Heating, Air Conditioning/Heat Pump Professional, Basic Air Sealing and Insulation and HERS Rater curriculum was developed under contract and is the property of NYSERDA. This popular curriculum is available to other training entities through Licensing Agreements with NYSERDA. Schools, energy service providers, private industry, and public entities have taken advantage of licensing this curriculum, which saves them time and funds and gives them the ability to begin training programs immediately. View information on NYSERDA's Licensing Agreement for this curriculum.