Notice: NYSERDA-sponsored training for inspectors of solar water heating systems available starting in June. New!
New York State is committed to ensuring that at least 90% of residential and commercial buildings comply with the 2010 Energy Conservation Code of New York State (ECCNYS) by 2017. NYSERDA’s Energy Codes Training and Support Initiative will support the design and construction communities in this transition to a more energy efficient built environment.
To meet this goal and the requirements of the 2010 ECCNYS, NYSERDA and partners will:
- Present more than 500 in-person training seminars be delivered statewide through June 2012 on unique, energy code-related topics
- Develop on-line training courses based on these seminars
- Provide professional certification to individuals through the International Code Council
- Provide one-on-one training and support to code officials and design professionals
- Provide tailored information sessions to municipalities on the 2010 ECCNYS and above-code compliance
- Disseminate written guides for code users and field installers.
- Visit NYSERDA's Code Training for information on the Energy Codes and Support Training Initiative.