Energy assessments can help small businesses and not-for-profit organizations make informed energy decisions and implement energy-efficiency strategies. Assessments help identify economically viable improvements that yield substantial annual energy savings.
Process for Free Energy Assessments
- Contact the consultant in your region, which is listed in the table below
- The consultant will help you complete an application and explain the process in detail
- The consultant will visit the site to assess the conditions for the report
- The consultant will complete the report showing identified energy savings measures, estimated energy savings, estimated cost savings and the costs to install the measures
- You will decide whether the measures will be implemented. If desired, you can also pursue low-interest financing opportunities. The consultant can help complete a request for project bids, review bids for the project and guide organizations through other NYSERDA opportunities like financing and equipment incentives.
How to Apply
If you are interested in Small Commercial Energy Assessments, please fill out a Consolidated Funding Application.
Region 1 - GDS Associates
Contact: Vivian Thompson
Region 2 - L&S Energy Services
Contact: Michelle Wooddell
Phone: 518-383-9405 x223
Region 3 - Daylight Savings
Contact: Felicia Van Doran
Region 4 - TRC
Contact: Laura Giannini
Region 1 Counties
Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Erie, Niagara, Orleans, Genesee, Wyoming, Allegany, Monroe, Livingston, Steuban, Ontario, Yates, Wayne, Seneca, Schuyler, Chemung, Tompkins, Tioga, Cayuga
Region 2 Counties
Dutchess, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Albany, Schoharie, Otsego, Washington, Saratoga, Schenectady, Montgomery, Fulton, Herkimer, Oneida, Madison, Onondaga, Oswego, Jefferson, Lewis, Hamilton, Warren, Essex, Clinton, Franklin, St. Lawrence, Cortland, Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Sullivan, Ulster
Region 3 Counties
Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Westchester, Bronx
Region 4 Counties
Kings, Queens, Richmond, New York, Nassau, Suffolk
Other Energy Assessments
If your organization is not eligible for a free energy assessment but would still like to identify energy saving opportunities and access financing opportunities, there are other means to have an energy assessment completed:
- FlexTech Program
- Third-Party Assessments
Organizations are welcome to have energy assessments completed by a third-party contractor or consultant that is not affiliated with NYSERDA. The energy assessment can be used to access low-interest financing opportunities if it meets NYSERDA standards [PDF].