Each year, New York State homeowners waste hundreds of dollars in energy. Many feel powerless in the face of high energy bills and are unaware of what they can do to control these costs. The Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program makes it easy and affordable to make the smart investment in a more energy-efficient home, helping income-eligible homeowners across the State lower their energy bills and live more comfortably all year long.
It provides those who qualify with a discount covering 50% of the cost of eligible energy efficiency improvements up to $5,000 per project for single-family homes. Two- to four-unit residential homes with income-eligible residents may qualify for a discount of up to $10,000. Learn more about benefits for two- to four-unit residential homes.
It all starts with a home energy assessment conducted by trained and experienced home performance contractors. The assessment provides you with a top-to-bottom look at where your home is wasting energy. You will learn the root cause of any drafts, inconsistent temperatures, heating and cooling system failures, or other problems you may be experiencing.
It’s easy to lower you energy bills and make your home more comfortable with the Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program:
- See if you are income eligible
- Get a home energy assessment to pinpoint where energy and dollars are being wasted. Apply Now.
- Apply for discount covering up to 50% of the cost of eligible energy efficiency improvements. Download application now. [PDF]
- Customize a plan to lower your energy bills.
- Take advantage of low-interest loans to help pay for the rest of the work.
Learn more about the simple steps that can help you lower your energy bills.