11 Contractors Recognized for Value Provided to Homeowners through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program
April 03, 2014
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) has recognized 11 contractors across the state that demonstrated excellence in helping homeowners reduce their energy use and make their homes more safe and comfortable in 2013 through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program.
NYSERDA recognizes three Home Performance with ENERGY STAR contractors with statewide awards for achieving outstanding results for their customers. It also presents its Top Performing Contractor award to one contractor in eight regions that meet key criteria, including program participation levels, energy-efficiency gains achieved by their customers, high quality assurance scores and positive survey responses from participating homeowners.
“The winners of these awards have distinguished themselves among their peers. We congratulate them and appreciate their hard work to help homeowners reduce their energy use and their energy costs,” said John B. Rhodes, President and CEO, NYSERDA. “Governor Cuomo has stressed the importance of energy efficiency to decrease the State’s carbon footprint and continue the growth of the clean-energy economy in the State, and contractors like these are making that happen.”
Recipients of special statewide awards were:
- Outstanding Achievement and Excellence: Home Energy Performance by HALCO (Phelps, Ontario County)
- Outstanding Achievement in Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR: New York Homeowners Construction Co. LLC (Syracuse)
- Outstanding New Contractor: A. Johnson Home Comfort Inc. (Gloversville)
The regional winners of the Top Performing Contractor awards were:
- Western Region: Energy Saving Solutions LLC (Cheektowaga)
- Southern Tier Region: Foam It Insulation (Binghamton)
- Central Region: Standard Insulating Co. Inc. (Marcy)
- North Country Region: Cowles and Company Contracting (Watertown)
- Finger Lakes Region: Isaac Home Energy Performance (Rochester)
- Lower Hudson and New York City Regions: BrightHome Energy Solutions LLC (Elmsford)
- Capital Region: Polsinello Fuels Inc. (Rensselaer)
- Long Island Region: Powersmith (Copiague)
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR uses a whole-house approach to reduce home energy usage. Homeowners receive a comprehensive home energy assessment performed by a participating contractor accredited by the Building Performance Institute. Through funding from Green Jobs-Green New York (GJGNY), established by New York State to encourage energy efficiency, home energy assessments through the Home Performance program are free for most New Yorkers.
The contractor provides a comprehensive home energy assessment report with recommendations for home improvements that will save energy, and the homeowner decides which work to have performed. Cash-back incentives and low-cost financing are available to help pay for recommended energy-efficiency improvements, including On-Bill Recovery Financing that homeowners repay through their utility bills.
To locate a participating Home Performance with ENERGY STAR contractor in your area, go to nyserda.ny.gov/Contractors/Find-a-Contractor.aspx.
NYSERDA, a public benefit corporation, offers objective information and analysis, innovative programs, technical expertise, and funding to help New Yorkers increase energy efficiency, save money, use renewable energy, and reduce reliance on fossil fuels. NYSERDA professionals work to protect the environment and create clean-energy jobs. NYSERDA has been developing partnerships to advance innovative energy solutions in New York State since 1975. To learn more about NYSERDA’s programs and funding opportunities, visit nyserda.ny.gov or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram.
Last Updated: 07/15/2014