NYSERDA Events in Manhattan to Show Multifamily Building Owners and Developers How to Improve Building Performance and Bottom Line
Free Seminars Will Detail Incentives Available to Improve Energy Efficiency and Control Costs
August 15, 2013
To make it easier to undertake energy-efficiency projects in multifamily buildings, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is holding five free seminars on Sept. 6 at the SUNY Global Center, 116 East 55th Street.
- Three seminars will connect multifamily building owners, property managers, developers and board members of condominium and co-op associations with NYSERDA experts and engineering resources to begin taking advantage of NYSERDA’s Multifamily Energy Performance Portfolio (MEPP).
- Two additional seminars will be held for contractors, builders, HVAC specialists and non-profit advocacy organizations interested in growing their businesses by becoming a Multifamily Performance Program (MPP) Partner.
MEPP offers a variety of customizable energy-efficiency programs that make it easier and more affordable to upgrade multifamily buildings. The seminars will provide an overview of the technical assistance and incentives that are available, along with panel presentations by multifamily building experts who have already helped owners successfully implement energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives at existing buildings and new construction projects.
Attendees of the building owner and developer sessions will learn how to:
- Select the most appropriate path for implementing energy efficiency
- Qualify for cash-back incentives
- Become eligible for bonus incentives of up to $300 per apartment
- Decrease building energy use through submetering of electric billing
Properties that make energy-efficiency upgrades can generally realize significant cost savings and offer residents units that are more comfortable, healthier and sustainable.
Sessions for specific audiences will be held at the following times and locations:
- Owners of existing multifamily buildings, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., in the Global Classroom
- Developers of multifamily new construction projects, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., in the Tiered Classroom
- Condo and co-op owners interested in submetering, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., in the Tiered Classroom
- Businesses interested in becoming MPP Partners, noon to 2:00 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., in the Global Classroom
Multifamily building owners, property managers, developers and members of condominium and co-op boards can register for these free seminars at nyserda.ny.gov/PowerEvents/Partners2013.
To learn more about becoming a MPP Partner and to register for an afternoon session, go to nyserda.ny.gov/PowerEvents/Partners2013.
NYSERDA, a public benefit corporation, offers objective information and analysis, innovative programs, technical expertise, and funding to help New Yorkers increase energy efficiency, save money, use renewable energy, and reduce their reliance on fossil fuels. NYSERDA professionals work to protect our environment and create clean-energy jobs. NYSERDA has been developing partnerships to advance innovative energy solutions in New York since 1975. For more information, visit http://nyserda.ny.gov or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram.
Last Updated: 11/26/2014