March 07, 2011
NYSERDA Sponsors 4th Annual National Clean Energy Workforce Education Conference Saratoga Springs
MEDIA ADVISORY/PHOTO OPPORUNITY
WHAT: Bringing the promise of clean technologies to market starts with a qualified workforce.The 4th annual national Clean Energy Workforce Education Conference brings together nearly 500 representatives from community colleges, vocational high schools, four-year schools, industry-sponsored training programs, labor and apprenticeship programs, government agencies, workforce development boards, credentialing bodies, utilities and others. Participants are coming from 29 states. Approximately 90 experts from New York and across the country will share the latest and best knowledge on topics such as:
- Labor Market Research Results – Hear about the continuum of green jobs in the energy sector, new positions and changing business needs.
- Providing New Opportunities for Disadvantaged Workers – Learn about NYS’s energy efficiency training, including a green industries training program in Albany.
- Introducing Clean Energy Technologies and Careers to High School Students – Listen to experts who have developed some of today’s most innovative high school curricula leading to careers in energy engineering, transportation and building science, clean energy construction and renewable energy technologies.
- Biomimicry: Advice from Nature’s Success Stories Can Expedite Innovation – See how scientists are using nature’s time-proved, streamlined shapes, materials and processes to create new technologies.
WHO: Sponsored by the New York Energy Research and Development (NYSERDA) and organized by the Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). Speakers include:
- Frank Murray, President and CEO, NYSERDA
- Dr. Sarah White, Center on Wisconsin Strategy
- Benjamin Goldstein, U.S. Department of Energy
- Ann Randazzo, Center for Energy Workforce Development
- Todd Stafford, National Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee
WHEN: Conference Program – March 9-10
Technical Workshops – March 8 (Topics: energy efficiency, solar, codes, geothermal, small wind, other)
(For specific times of sessions, please see Workforce Conference Program Brochure [PDF]
WHERE: The Saratoga Hilton, 534 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Last Updated: 05/14/2013