The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is seeking an independent, creative individual to design and implement programs to foster new business development and entrepreneurship in the clean energy technology sector. A particular focus of the program will be on early stage companies. The incumbent will be the lead manager of approximately 20 to 30 active projects with a value of roughly $30 million in NYSERDA funding, and requires 20-25% travel.
The Senior Project Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Assess the opportunities for new business development and product commercialization in the clean energy business sector in New York State
- Evaluate and define the role of NYSERDA in the expansion of the clean energy business sector and design a portfolio of programs to achieve program success
- Develop and implement efforts to increase the awareness of NYSERDA programs to stakeholders important to the growth of early-stage clean energy technology companies in New York
- Develop and implement strategies to regularly measure and communicate program results and use that information to make necessary changes to the program
- Implement procedures to effectively manage projects to insure maximum likelihood of success and prudent use of NYSERDA financial resources
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
- Demonstrated experience in issues surrounding intellectual property, business planning, strategic marketing and product positioning
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with key stakeholder groups including governmental agencies at the Federal and State level involved in clean energy entrepreneurship
- Strong project management skills and the ability to successfully multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to be a self-starter and function well independently and in teams
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Minimum educational requirements an individual must possess include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering management; physical, chemical or biological sciences; finance, business, economics; political science or entrepreneurship and 3 years of relevant experience as noted above or
- An unrelated Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience as noted above
Preference will be given to those individuals who possess:
- A Master’s degree in engineering or engineering management; physical, chemical or biological sciences; finance, business, economics, entrepreneurship, or an interdisciplinary degree that combines technology and finance
- A proven record of experience with start-up or early-stage companies. This would include: direct involvement in raising private capital, preparing business plans, product management plans, market assessments and commercial sales strategies
Individuals will be considered for Senior Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please type the Position’s Title and Job Code 259 in the Subject Line.