The New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA) is seeking a highly qualified individual to join our team as a Senior Project Manager for Community Solar NY, a comprehensive package of resources for community-driven solar projects and market development. Community Solar NY is a new component of the NY-Sun Initiative.
Initial assignments will focus on community-driven group purchasing of solar electric by residential and non-residential customers, often referred to as the “Solarize” model. The individual will work with the Community Solar NY and larger NYSERDA team to scale up and adapt this model to localities around the state, with a special focus on partnerships with K-12 school districts. At the same time, the individual will help assess and implement other models for using community institutions and peer networks to drive the adoption of solar and other distributed energy resources.
The individual will report to the Community Solar NY Program Manager and will be supported by program staff as well as NYSERDA support and administrative staff. NYSERDA places a high value on teamwork and this position is highly collaborative in nature.
The individual’s primary responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of projects around New York State, supervising program staff and working directly with school districts, local governments and other stakeholders
- Evaluating new resources and models and managing pilot projects
- Coordinating activities with other NYSERDA staff and external partners in the public and private sectors
- Managing stakeholder outreach and engagement, including the Low-and-Moderate Income Solar Working Group
- Coordinating the development of technical support, marketing and project tracking tools, including online resources and outside consultants as needed
- Managing project reporting and evaluation process, leading continuous improvement efforts
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage major complex projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, manage and self-initiate multiple assignments while consistently taking charge of work groups
- Demonstrated experience supervising and developing junior staff
- Ability to be a self-starter and function well independently and in teams
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the clean energy, community development and/or environmental industries and familiarity with related policies
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience and a demonstrated ability to develop relationships with key stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to produce effective and purposeful written material
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the State on an intermittent basis (individual with current driver’s license preferred)
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and experience with web-based tools and databases
Required minimum education an individual must possess include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Preference will be given to those individuals who also possess a Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and/or educational attainment
Individuals will be considered for Senior Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please type the Position’s Title and Job Code 314 in the Subject Line.