The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s (NYSERDA) West Valley Site Management Program seeks an experienced groundwater hydrogeologist to join NYSERDA’s team at the Western New York Nuclear Service Center in northern Cattaraugus County, New York. This individual will be responsible for supporting NYSERDA’s management of facilities at the Western New York Nuclear Service Center and its participation in the West Valley Demonstration Project (WVDP), a joint federal-state decommissioning and radioactive waste cleanup project in the Town of Ashford.
The individual’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Plan and manage the implementation of NYSERDA’s State Disposal Area groundwater monitoring activities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of mitigation efforts for an on-site groundwater contaminant plume
- Collect, organize, evaluate, interpret, and present data and other information related to site groundwater hydrogeology, geochemistry and contaminant transport
- Conduct or manage groundwater modeling and groundwater data visualization activities
- Manage and participate in technical reviews associated with facility decommissioning, site remediation and long-term site management
- Build and maintain relationships with WVDP personnel, regulatory agency representatives, members of the public, and other stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required minimum qualifications include:
- An advanced degree in hydrogeology or a closely related technical discipline and three years of relevant experience or
- A bachelor’s degree in hydrogeology or a closely related technical discipline and five years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Background and experience in the following areas is desired:
- Migration and mitigation of radioactive and other chemical contaminants
- Computer modeling of groundwater flow and contaminant transport
- 3D visualization of geology, groundwater and dissolved species
Individuals will be considered for Assistant Project Manager through Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a resume and cover letter along with your salary history & requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please type the Position’s Title and Job Code 278 in the Subject Line.