The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is seeking entry level and experienced individuals to join the New York City team. The New York City team is a unique, inter-disciplinary group whose primary goal is to assist in the transformation of the clean energy markets in New York City, Westchester and Long Island. This position will predominantly be in support of NYSERDA commercial/industrial (C&I) programs; although, staff can be assigned to work on any program as needs demand.
The individual’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the entire NYSERDA C/I Program Team in Albany, Buffalo and NYC. There is a current vacancy in support of general outreach and technical assistance, industrial and data center/IT processes and distributed generation activities;
- Work closely with Con Edison, National Grid, other utilities, and other marketplace partners;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the downstate C/I market, including specific barriers and opportunities towards energy efficiency and clean energy technologies;
- Assess the needs of the downstate C/I market, evaluate the goals of NYSERDA C/I programs, develop strategies to meet those needs and goals, implement and evaluate those strategies;
- Provide technical, policy and management support to the entire Program Team;
- Manage projects and work with the marketplace to find cost-effective strategies to reduce energy usage and demand, increase resiliency and maximize system and societal benefits;
- Review program documentation, applications and technical reports for quality;
- Oversee the work of energy consultants, engineers and other technical contractors;
- Report on project and program status and metrics;
- Make recommendations for improving programs and marketplace interaction;
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and on-site visits with contractors, clients and market intermediaries;
- Identify, establish and grow external stakeholder relationship;
- Increase NYSERDA involvement and leadership in downstate energy policy and promote successes;
- Develop innovative strategies to scale-up the clean energy market in Westchester, NYC and Long Island;
- Learn the basics about all of the major NYSERDA programs in order to answer general questions and refer potential customers to the proper program;
- Function as a team alongside other staff to address region specific issues and inquiries;
- Present information at professional meetings, conferences and workshops; and,
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
- Proficiency in two (2) or more of the following skills:
- Commercial/Industrial building energy auditing, modeling and/or energy management.
- Commercial/Industrial energy technologies, systems and/or processes.
- Peak demand reduction or distributed generation strategies.
- Commercial real estate asset/property management and/or market analysis.
- Client relationship management, consultative sales and/or market research and development.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully coordinate with diverse teams of varied goals.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the energy efficiency, demand reduction, distributed generation, energy storage, or utility fields.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in energy program design, development and management.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to successfully multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholder groups.
- Ability to be a self-starter and function well independently and in teams.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Required minimum education an individual must possess include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, mathematics, natural or environmental science, or a related discipline; or,
- A non-related Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of related experience; or,
- A non-related Master’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience.
Preference will be given to those individuals who also possess the following:
- A Master’s degree
- AIA or PE license in NYS
- CEM or CEA Certification by the Association of Energy Engineers
Individuals will be considered for Assistant Project Manager through Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please type the Position’s Title and Job Code 315 in the Subject Line.