NYSERDA seeks a motivated individual responsible for managing the implementation of IT-driven projects. This includes driving the full lifecycle of project delivery from requirements definition through implementation and roll out, working with a cross-functional team of business and technical resources. The IT Project Portfolio Manager will be ultimately accountable for the success of the project and work closely with the business clients of the project to ensure objectives are delivered as expected.
The IT Project Portfolio Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with the business functional areas, technical teams and vendors in defining systems/project priorities, scope, approach, resource requirements, timing deliverables, and funding.
- Consult with management and review project proposals to determine goals, time frames, budgetary requirements, processes and procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allocation of resources.
- Effectively drive the requirements definition process, working closely with the business owner and/or a Business Analyst.
- Develop project plans specifying goals, strategy, dependencies, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Drive standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities, and drive accountability to project team members.
- Provide leadership and direction to the project teams.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project resources to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Track project-related costs and expenditures.
- Facilitate projects by defining agendas and running meetings.
- Aggregate status updates from project team members, track schedules, and manage risks and issues as required.
- Prepare project status reports and keep the team and management informed of project status and related issues, escalating as necessary.
- Coordinate vendor activities by monitoring and tracking vendor deliverables and commitments where relevant.
- Manage scope and the change request process, coordinating decision process of scope and budgetary impact of changes from original specifications.
- Coordinate testing and Quality Assurance processes and ensure traceability to original requirements.
- Track and maintain project and technical documentation.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
- Five or more years of IT project planning and management experience; and 8+ years in a technical role in an IT department.
- Experience taking project from conception to production, managing all aspects of solution delivery including requirements gathering, scope definition, resource planning, budget management, status reporting, risk management, and change control.
- Must possess a can-do attitude and willingness to do what it takes to deliver projects on time and within budget. Persistent follow up to make sure project diligence is achieved is necessary.
- Excellent facilitation, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to all functional groups; the ability to translate technical requirements and issues into appropriate context.
- Demonstrated experience managing vendors to assist in or solely drive project delivery.
- Excellent analytical skills, flexibility, ability to plan and organize, responsiveness, creativity.
- Experience utilizing a structured project management methodology and formal tools/approaches. SCRUM or iterative development experience a plus.
- Experience with recognized project management tools including MS Project and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in demanding multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to manage independently in a dynamic environment with rapid development cycles, multifunctional teams and tight project timeframes.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification a plus.
Minimum educational requirements an individual must possess include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or a closely related field
Individuals will be considered for IT Project Manager Portfolio Manager I through IV based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please type the Position’s Title and Job Code 292 in the Subject Line.