The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a Director of Technology to Market. Technology to Market’s objective is to accelerate product and market development of emerging energy efficient and clean energy technologies in New York State. The position is part of the senior leadership and will be a key player in helping set priorities and operational plans for all of NYSERDA and help NYSERDA achieve its mission of advancing innovative energy solutions in ways that improve New York’s economy and environment. The position reports to the Vice President for Technology and Strategic Planning.
The individual’s primary responsibilities focus on technology to market across clean energy and related sectors:
- Design and implement NYSERDA programs seeking to advance new and innovative clean energy technologies into New York's marketplace to benefit consumers in New York State across technology areas including renewable energy, storage, advanced transportation, smart grid, advanced buildings, and industrial process innovation.
- Incept, lead or assist in key decision-making, as required, for the advancement of key priorities. Scope includes subject matter, administration, human resources, budget and financial management, promotion, and communication.
- Interact and manage relationships with key stakeholders and build external support for NYSERDA’s programs.
- Participate in working groups with state, regional and national organizations and agencies to influence agendas that support NYSERDA’s programs and mission.
- Foster and contribute to a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork.
- Develop staff and colleagues to meet NYSERDA's goals and their own professional goals, serve as a mentor and a role model.
- Serve as a thought leader within NYSERDA, staying current with developments in technologies.
- The Director will need to work in close collaboration with the other R&D Directors to help NYSERDA advance strategies that can prepare new energy technologies for the transition from the lab to the market and increase the market success of NYSERDA R&D investments.
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess:
- A minimum of ten years of relevant technical experience and five years of managerial experience.
- The successful candidate must have the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and define emerging energy technologies and issues.
- Proven ability to develop well-coordinated programs that will help grow the clean energy economy in New York State and help the State solve difficult energy challenges by promoting innovation and beneficial new ideas, technologies and business strategies.
- Prior budgetary management for meaningful project portfolios.
- Must be able to work effectively with range of groups including businesses, universities, the financial/investment community, utilities, national laboratories, public interest groups, and state and federal agencies.
- Possess strong communication and management skills necessary to supervise, lead and provide continued development of professional staff comprised of technical and administrative personnel.
- A track record in leading and motivating teams to achieve their potential, innovate and look at a business in new ways and provide exceptional service delivery.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability; an entrepreneurial edge, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an instinct for surfacing value and pragmatic solutions.
Minimum educational requirements an individual must possess include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, architecture, or a related field.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
Salary based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please type the Position’s Title & Job Code 311 in the Subject Line.