The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is seeking a Business Analyst to play a critical role on a newly formed team focused on transforming the operations of the Authority through a series of high-priority new design, redesign, and performance improvement projects. Each project will advance the Authority's ability to:
- Inform and support the Authority's strategy to scale NY State’s clean energy economy
- Anticipate and respond to the needs and behaviors of customers and the market
- Build and deploy capabilities to deliver the above – internally and via partners / contractors
- Drive ongoing learning, problem-solving, people-development, and performance improvement
A small, but highly-impactful, team of business analysts will enable the transformation of the Authority's operations - serving as an internal consultancy and driving projects that unify the capabilities of program units (e.g. energy efficiency, clean energy development) with key support units (e.g. marketing, technology, contracts, performance measurement) to achieve an ambitious agenda. The right candidate will work assiduously to produce high-quality, action-oriented output that the Authority's programmatic and support units can use to perform their work more effectively and to achieve greater impact.
The individual’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Perform analyses integral to key operational improvement initiatives designed to expand impact, enable new programs, improve customer and partner interfaces, reduce cycle times, enable internal workflow, support robust reporting, manage risk, and reduce cost.
- Collect, document, map, and analyze business process and system dependencies - and understand how those processes connect to customers’ interactions with the Authority.
- Gathering, synthesizing, and documenting business requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify recommendations for process improvements, overcome constraints, and resolve difficult operational and technological issues.
- Contribute to the development of key operating / financial indicators - and reporting needed to support decision-making and monitor performance.
- Assist in the improvement and integration of automation and tools designed to support work and decision-making.
- Produce templates and manuals in support of tools and systems deployed.
- Develop and manage project plans in support of initiatives, track ongoing progress, and perform project resourcing and budgeting.
- Effectively communicate status, collaborate and problem-solve with relevant stakeholders.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage risk on projects.
- Influence and inform a greater understanding among Authority units of the ownership and output needed to advance continuous improvement.
- Foster and contribute to a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork.
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess:
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience as a business analyst or implementing process and operational improvement with a demonstrated record of success.
- A demonstrated record of success in driving improvements in service operations or successfully delivering services within complex business or government operating environments.
- A track record of identifying opportunities for improvement and taking the initiative to drive them through the organization.
- Experience and skill in performing business analyses, documenting requirements and specifications, or mapping processes.
- Experience with project management methods, processes, standards, and tools.
- Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Great resourcefulness and an instinct for surfacing value and pragmatic solutions.
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the best possible solution when presented with a series of opportunities and constraints.
- A strong customer orientation.
- An ability to drive to big picture goals while valuing maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- A passion for operational transformation, a relentless work ethic, and resolute integrity.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds; the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely, and unambiguously in speech and in writing.
- The ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Project, and PowerPoint.
Minimum educational requirements an individual must possess include:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Business Analyst - Operational Transformation in the subject line.