George F. Akel, Jr.
Member of the NYSERDA Board of Directors
George F. Akel
George Akel has worked for family companies Binghamton Giant Markets, Inc. (Vice President) and Akel Wholesale Grocery, Inc. (President) since graduating from college. Mr. Akel has been active as a partner or member of several real estate ventures in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, California, Oregon, and Washington State.
He is a member of the Board of Directors/Trustee of the following business and non-profit organizations. The list includes:
- Broome County Industrial Development Agency
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital Board and Foundation Board
- Broome County Community College Board and Foundation Board
- Southern Tier Economic Partnership
- The Community Foundation for South Central New York
- M&T Bank Advisory Board
- Willow Run Foods
- McFarland Johnson Engineers and Architects
George Akel earned an M.S. in Economics from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
Last Updated: 10/15/2012